Amanda Gallivan focuses her practice on family law, criminal defense, and civil litigation.
Amanda began her legal career as a judicial law clerk for The Honorable Roger L. Couch in the Seventh Circuit. This clerkship proved to be an invaluable opportunity to gain a unique perspective of both criminal and civil courtroom practice, and it strengthened Amanda’s desire to become a litigator. She then worked as an Assistant Solicitor in the Seventh Circuit, prosecuting a wide range of criminal offenses. Amanda tried numerous trials to verdict during her time as an Assistant Solicitor, and she worked alongside local law enforcement as a member of the Upstate Gang Task Force.
In her Family Law practice Amanda predominately represents clients going through divorce, marital separations, and child custody disputes. She has also completed training as a Guardian ad Litem, allowing her to advocate for the best interest of children in the Family Court. Amanda draws from her years of courtroom experience to advocate for clients relating to the particular needs of their case. However, Amanda has also experienced great success in helping clients mediate their issues to reach settlement agreements and avoid contested litigation altogether.
Amanda understands that whether handling divorce, separation, child custody, civil, or criminal litigation, it is important that the client receives aggressive and responsive representation. Those cornerstones remain her focus throughout representation.
Amanda and her husband, Henry, live in Greenville with their three children.
- South Carolina, 2008
- US District Court of South Carolina, 2013
- J.D. University of South Carolina School of Law, 2008
- B.S. Business Administration, cum laude, University of South Carolina, 2005
- House Labor Commerce and Industry Committee
- Speaker of the House of Representatives, SC
- The Honorable Sol Blatt, Jr., United States District Court
- South Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Greenville County Bar
- South Carolina Family Court Certified Guardian ad Litem
- Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate-Family Law Attorneys" (2015-2016)
Civic and Community Service:
- Saint Mary’s Catholic Church
- Junior League of Greenville